Health and Safety at the Freight & Salvage
Updated: June 24, 2021
An inherent risk of exposure to Covid-19 exists in any place where people gather. Covid-19 is an extremely contagious disease that can lead to severe illness and death. By purchasing a ticket, you assume all risks, hazards, and dangers arising from or relating in any way to the risk of contracting Covid-19.
The Freight & Salvage is closely monitoring the public health guidance and best practices related to the Covid-19 pandemic. Local rates of Covid-19 cases and vaccination for Covid-19 significantly impact our practices, therefore are subject to modification as indicated. You expressly agree to comply with all Federal, State, and local laws, ordinances, regulations, and the rules of the Freight & Salvage when attending the event. The following policies are subject to change – all attendees will receive updated information in an email communication in advance of your event.
- Will I have to be vaccinated to attend events and classes at the Freight?
- Yes, we are currently requiring all attendees to show proof of vaccination in order to enter. Either your vaccination card, a photo of your card, or a digital vaccine record (e.g., myvaccinerecord.cdph.ca.gov) are acceptable forms of proof of vaccination.
- Will I have to wear a mask to attend events at the Freight?
- You may be required to wear a mask in order to attend an event, regardless of your vaccination status. Details on mask requirements will be communicated in the event reminder emails, so please be on the lookout for those emails.
- Will there be food available at events?
- We will be selling beverages and limited snacks during events. Eating and drinking will be limited to a designated section of the lobby with maximum ventilation.
- If I am feeling sick on the day of the concert, can I get a refund?
- Yes, the Freight will offer refunds to ensure compliance with all health and safety policies.
- Will there be standing room tickets?
- No. At this time, we cannot offer standing room tickets.
- What additional safety protocols has the Freight put in place?
- Upgraded HVAC system to bring in 100% outside air seven times per hour and ensure the cleanest air possible.
- Installed MERV-13 air filters, in adherence with CDC recommendations.
- Contactless ticket scanning and purchasing wherever possible.
- HEPA filters in areas with lower air flow (backstage, restrooms, classrooms).
- Hand sanitizer stations throughout the venue.
- Enclosed box office area.
- Fully vaccinated staff and volunteers, including instructors in our education programs.
- Performers are required to show proof of full vaccination or negative rapid antigen test (administered upon arrival).
- Extra ushers available to assist with traffic flow in the lobby, concessions area, bathrooms, and elevator.
- Instituted CDC-recommended cleaning practices before, during, and after shows, particularly cleaning of “high touch” surfaces.
- Restricted eating and drinking to a designated area in the lobby where windows can be open to increase ventilation.
- All shows in August limited to 50% audience capacity.