Health and Safety at the Freight & Salvage
Updated: October 2, 2021
An inherent risk of exposure to Covid-19 exists in any place where people gather. Covid-19 is an extremely contagious disease that can lead to severe illness and death. By purchasing a ticket, you assume all risks, hazards, and dangers arising from or relating in any way to the risk of contracting Covid-19.
The Freight & Salvage is closely monitoring the public health guidance and best practices related to the Covid-19 pandemic. Local rates of Covid-19 cases and vaccination for Covid-19 significantly impact our practices, which are therefore subject to modification as indicated. You expressly agree to comply with all Federal, State, and local laws, ordinances, regulations, and the rules of the Freight & Salvage when attending an event. The following policies are subject to change – all attendees will receive updated information in an email communication in advance of your event.
- Will I have to be vaccinated to attend events and classes at the Freight?
Yes, per the 9/1/21 City of Berkeley Health Officer Order, all attendees are required to show proof of vaccination and photo ID in order to enter. Either your vaccination card, a photo of your card, or an official state vaccination record (e.g., myvaccinerecord.cdph.ca.gov) are acceptable forms of proof of vaccination.
- Will photo ID be required?
Yes, per the City of Berkeley Order, venues must check vaccine verification with a photo ID.
- I’m not vaccinated – can I provide a negative COVID test instead of proof of vaccination?
No, at this time vaccination is required of all attendees. A negative COVID test cannot be used instead of vaccination.
- Will I have to wear a mask to attend events at the Freight?
Yes, per the City of Berkeley Order on 8/2/21, masks/face coverings are now required, until further notice, unless exempt under the City of Berkeley Order, section 5. Face coverings/masks should be snugly fitted and completely cover the nose and mouth. The Freight will provide disposable masks for any attendees who do not have one.
- What about children (under 18 and under 12)?
Everyone 12 and over must show proof of vaccination to enter. If your child is vaccinated but does not have photo identification, an attestation by a parent or guardian can be used in lieu of photo ID. Children under 12 with a parent or guardian are permitted, and must wear a mask/face covering at all times.
- Will there be food available at events?
We plan to sell beverages and limited snacks during selected events. Eating and drinking will be limited to a designated section of the lobby with maximum ventilation.
- If I am feeling sick on the day of the concert, can I get a refund?
Yes, the Freight will offer refunds to ensure compliance with all health and safety policies.
- Will there be standing room tickets?
No. At this time, we cannot offer standing room tickets.
- What additional safety protocols has the Freight put in place?
- The Freight has removed the first two rows of seating to create distance between the stage and the audience (approximately 14 feet), for all shows, until further notice.
- All performers are required to provide proof of vaccination or negative Covid-19 rapid test upon arrival at The Freight.
- Upgraded HVAC system to bring in 100% outside air seven times per hour and ensure the cleanest air possible.
- Installed MERV-13 air filters, in adherence with CDC recommendations.
- Contactless ticket scanning and purchasing wherever possible.
- HEPA filters in areas with lower air flow (backstage, restrooms, classrooms).
- Hand sanitizer stations throughout the venue.
- Enclosed box office area.
- Fully vaccinated staff and volunteers, including instructors in our education programs.
- Extra ushers available to assist with traffic flow in the lobby, concessions area, bathrooms, and elevator.
- Instituted CDC-recommended cleaning practices before, during, and after shows, particularly cleaning of “high touch” surfaces.