Health and Safety at the Freight & Salvage
Updated: March 25, 2022
Effective April 1, boosters will no longer be required, but are strongly recommended. All audience members, staff and artists must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to attending an event at The Freight & Salvage.
CLASSES, WORKSHOPS & JAMS
Visit our Learn To Play page for up to date info.
An inherent risk of exposure to Covid-19 exists in any place where people gather. Covid-19 is an extremely contagious disease that can lead to severe illness and death. By purchasing a ticket, you assume all risks, hazards, and dangers arising from or relating in any way to the risk of contracting Covid-19.
The Freight & Salvage is closely monitoring the public health guidance and best practices related to the Covid-19 pandemic. Local rates of Covid-19 cases and vaccination for Covid-19 significantly impact our practices, which are therefore subject to modification as indicated. You expressly agree to comply with all Federal, State, and local laws, ordinances, regulations, and the rules of the Freight & Salvage when attending an event. The following policies are subject to change – all attendees will receive updated information in an email communication in advance of your event.
- Will I have to be vaccinated to attend events and classes at the Freight?
Yes, all audience members, staff and artists must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to attending an event at The Freight & Salvage. All ticket holders will be required to provide proof of vaccination, and a government issued photo ID in order to enter the venue.
Either your vaccination card, a photo of your card, or an official state vaccination record (e.g., myvaccinerecord.cdph.ca.gov) are acceptable forms of proof of vaccination.
- Will photo ID be required?
Yes, venue will check vaccine verification with a photo ID.
- I’m not vaccinated – can I provide a negative COVID test instead of proof of vaccination?
No, at this time all attendees must be fully vaccinated prior to attending an event. A negative COVID test cannot be used instead of vaccination.
- Will I have to wear a mask to attend events at the Freight?
The Freight & Salvage requires that all patrons and staff wear masks that completely cover nose and mouth while inside the venue. Bandannas or gaiters are not considered acceptable as masks.
- What about children?
Everyone 5 and over must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to attending an event at The Freight & Salvage.
Children 4 and under are not permitted to enter the venue at this time.
If your child is vaccinated but does not have photo identification, an attestation by a parent or guardian can be used in lieu of photo ID.
- Will there be food available at events?
Savory, fresh food options (hot and cold) available most nights, so come on in for a meal, snack, or delightful dessert. Food and drink must be consumed in our lobby only – food & drink are not permitted in the showroom at this time. To provide maximum ventilation, whenever possible we will open the lobby windows and create additional space for food and drink outside (just in front of the building).
- If I am feeling sick on the day of the concert, can I get a refund?
Yes, the Freight will offer refunds to ensure compliance with all health and safety policies.
- Will there be standing room tickets?
Standing room only tickets may be available at the discretion of the event staff for the given performance. Social distancing is encouraged.
- What additional safety protocols has the Freight put in place?
- All performers and crew are required to provide proof of vaccination.
- Upgraded HVAC system to bring in 100% outside air seven times per hour and ensure the cleanest air possible.
- Installed MERV-13 air filters, in adherence with CDC recommendations.
- Contactless ticket scanning and purchasing wherever possible.
- Social distancing is encouraged in all areas of the venue.
- HEPA filters in areas with lower air flow (backstage, restrooms, classrooms).
- Hand sanitizer stations throughout the venue.
- Enclosed box office area.
- Fully vaccinated staff and volunteers, including instructors in our education programs.
- Extra ushers available to assist with traffic flow in the lobby, concessions area, bathrooms, and elevator.
- Instituted CDC-recommended cleaning practices before, during, and after shows, particularly cleaning of “high touch” surfaces.