The Freight is accessible to people with disabilities. In order to best accommodate your needs, we request that you provide your seating request at the time of purchase. You may also call or email us at least 24 hours prior to the performance with your request.
- For special seating assistance, please call our Box Office at (510) 644-2020 or email firstname.lastname@example.org at least 24 hours in advance.
- We ask that you provide your seating requirements (e.g. wheelchair space, no stairs, service animal, etc.), and number of companion seats needed for your party.
- We will accommodate up three additional seats in the same row for companion seats. Seats will be held until 30 minutes after show time.
- If all ADA tickets are sold out, we may still be able to accommodate your party. We will contact you and provide a refund if we are unable to seat your party.
- We are happy to provide assisted listening devices upon request.
- We also offer a hearing loop system* that transmits sound directly to hearing aids with a t-coil. In this case, you will need to sit within the looped area of the auditorium.
*Hearing loop system is made possible by OLLI donor K. Patricia Cross.
Box Office Hours
Open every day 12:30pm – 7pm (excluding holidays) and one hour after show time. Phone: (510) 644-2020
Please note that advance ticket holders have priority and are seated first when the doors open.
The Freight offers the following discounts to most shows. Our ticket minimum is $12.
- Freight Members – save $2 per ticket
- Youth/Student (age 21 and under or current student ID) – save 50%!
(NOTE: To access Youth/Student pricing online, enter promo code STUDENT)
- Seniors (age 65 and older) – save $2 per ticket
Gift cards to The Freight are available in any amount, and are redeemable for everything The Freight sells (shows, classes, food and beverage, and Freight merchandise/apparel). Gift cards never expire. At this time, gift cards are not redeemable online, however if you would like to use your gift card to purchase a ticket or class registration in advance, give us a call or email us and we can process your order and ensure that your ticket or registration is held.
There are no refunds unless a performance is canceled or rescheduled. If a show is rescheduled, you have the option of keeping your ticket for the new performance date, converting your ticket to a tax-deductible donation, or requesting a refund. If a show is canceled, you have the option of converting your ticket to a donation, or requesting a refund. Refunds are typically processed within 7-14 days. Refund requests for rescheduled or canceled shows will always have a deadline by which you must notify us of your refund request. If we have not heard from you by the refund request deadline, after 30 days we consider your ticket purchase final.
Can’t make a show?
You may donate your tickets by emailing the box office. Receipt provided upon request. Since most shows are general admission, you are permitted to sell your tickets at face value out front to someone waiting in line.
Facility Fee (all tickets): All tickets priced more than $15 are subject to a $4 facility fee which assists us in maintaining our building. Prior to 2017 this fee was included in the published ticket price.
Service Fee (online orders only): All tickets ordered online, or by phone through Ticketfly (877-987-6487), will incur a service fee. For tickets under $25, the service fee is $1.75 plus 3% of the ticket price. For tickets $25 and up, the service fee is $2 plus 3% of the ticket price.
Delivery Charge (online orders only): If you choose to have your tickets mailed to you, the delivery charge is $2.50 per order (standard delivery) or $16.95 per order (expedited delivery). There is no delivery charge if you select will call as your delivery method.
Convenience Fee (phone orders only): For orders placed by phone with the Freight & Salvage box office, there is a $4 convenience fee per order. For orders placed by phone with Ticketfly (877-987-6487), there is a $1.50 convenience fee per ticket.
Tickets by Mail
To order tickets by mail, please send a check and a self-addressed, stamped envelope at least 10 days before the show to Freight & Salvage Box Office, 2020 Addison Street, Berkeley, CA 94704.
The Freight and Salvage’s policy is no photos or unauthorized video or audio recording during performances. We ask that you put your electronic devices away and enjoy the music in real time.